Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Norman Rockwell

Dream Artist, paint me a scene: a panorama of favorite things....
accumulated treasures buried deep in my mind.
On Your canvas I wish to find
a bold splash of sunshine against robin's egg blue...
sunrise me a day of unmatchable hue.
No clouds in the sky, stroke a breeze that is gentle,
barely see it,
almost feel it,
whispering sentimental.

Draw onto this vista the home of my heart atop the Maine cliffs overlooking the
start, or is it the end?
of wave after wave of unending emotion, crashing and spraying - my personal ocean - that sings me a song of a dissonant peace that stills in my soul
the most wild of its beasts.

Behind my sea castle sketch a great tree, tall standing, outstretching
ever welcoming me with long flowing branches that sway in the wind -
a strong weeping willow, my hiding place friend who will
snuggle me, weep with me, let me be me.
Enclosed in its tresses I am ever free.

Contrast the blue sky with a stretch of green grass, the kind that invites me to sit on its lap and there set a journal, thick with blank paper.
Then, draw me a pencil and with it I'll savor this Eden I'm seeing.
As You paint I will write and I, too, will be giving from that part of me
that is the most living.

And while You're on detail...design my perfect ending!
I must have a porch swing, on this I'm unbending!
Surround it with a cascade of sweet morning glories that I can breathe in
as I swing away worries.
Please profile a loved one to sit alongside.
We'll share all the secrets of life's back and forth ride.

Dream Artist, paint me this scene, a panorama of favorite things
to display on my wall so others can see
what I would, if I could, paint my life out to be.

No comments: