Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Triglycerides. Alas!

I’ve got to get this written, this assignment of the week.
Alas, I’m stuck in quick sand.
I’m sinking! My will is growing weak!
My thoughts are in a frenzy, colliding with my walls.
My words are getting nowhere.
No where

at all is just a bridge to take me from up there to here.
Oh. Dear..dear...

Dear April,

I write this note in regards to your most recent assignment of triglycerides. Although initially the word seemed fascinating and challenging, by this point I find the word repulsive. After:

1) pondering on triglycerides incessantly (i.e., while washing dishes, cleaning bathtubs, swinging on porch swing, cooking meals, watching Olympics, sitting on toilet);

2) Googling 'triglycerides' for clarity, and;

3) desperately and blatantly asking my son (your cousin Joe*) “what do YOU know about triglycerides?”, I must with grandiloquent regret conclude that I am not capable of completing my assignment of the week.

Yours uninspiringly,

Aunt Kelli Kelli with the big fat belly **
As called by her brothers two.

*denotes low triglycerides.
**denotes high triglycerides.
Boo-Hoo. Boo-Hoo. Boo-Hoo. :(

3 comments:

aprilmarie said...

LOVELOVELOVE IT!! It shows moxy and i love the form as well as the content. you covered a lot of ground without covering the subject! It's awesome!!
Made me laugh. As always, I love the way you write. What's this week's assignment?

Ames said...

can i join this????

Kelli said...

Week #2: Polka Dots and Sparkles

Anyone can join in - if you know someone who likes to do creative writing, tell them!